Copyright Holder SUED!!!

Rockaway

Saw a thread on sc....So the person who owns the copyright can be sued? Please explain that to me because I never heard of that before. But if that is the case please do educate me!

Last edited:
O.K. (I don't know thier situation) but say you and friend work on an song together. You own the rights to the music, he owns 50% of the song and 100% of the vocals. He registers your beat under his name along with everything else and tells you "hey man I sent the song to get registered"....(he does this without you). Now.....what are going to do?

O.K....you are like "cool man...I trust you.....no we don't need any contracts man because we've know each ohter since high school man...you know how we do." He is out performing to your music and you keep passing off the opportunity to get performance money because you claim you want to be "behind the scene"......(really you don't want to look like a hype man on stage...you are the next hot producer..not a hype man).

He gets a call about the music for the song without his vocals.....he gives a right to use it for a sprite commercial...just the beat. He gets paid...you don't know shit..."he is too busy performing is an excuse he uses". He pulls up in a Benz like "performance money is what's up!!!" You go riding and talking about the future of doing songs together or whatever. He takes you to this expensive restaurant and you both eat good. You get home......AND HEAR YOUR BEAT ON A SPRITE COMMERCIAL......man with a deep voice talks about how refreshing the drink is.....as some beatmaker dude is going nutz on an MPC like he is making the beat...dude sweating hard like he working out and shit....then guzzles a sprite". Only one person has heard the beat other than you.

What you gone do?

Last edited:
How bout you point us to the thread cuz it could be a million different things

Back