Coping with leasing?

i.Arkitek

I make music becasue I love it, and it gave me an "Outlet" as a kid which helped me stay out o trouble. But now that I have kids of my own I want to make It my living as well.

I don't want to sacrifice the art, but I do want to make a consistent living from it.

So I am simply wondering How do all of you that make music for the love of it cope with leasing beats to anyone with $20?

I started a webpage on this topic so people in my position have a "Recourse" of sorts to help them with the decision.

Please make a contribution to : Home

So I am simply wondering How do all of you that make music for the love of it cope with leasing beats to anyone with $20?

-- Work a regular job that pays moderately well for your expenses
-- Make music for fun with relatively low expectations
-- Remove making money from the equation

There, your free.
The second you remove the thought of trying to make a buck off something you love doing you'll instantly make better decisions.

DON'T give your beats to wack artist for a few dollars.
DON'T give your beats to wack artist
DO give your beats to dope artist for free or discounts in order to get it out
DON'T leave the status of projects up in the air to artist (they don't work with time well).
DO stick to bread and butter instruments and software and focus on mastering it (this will eliminate that itch we all get for new gear we don't really need).

DON'T spend money trying to "look like your doing things" in this industry. a lot of people spend more money on that then they do on their music.

Well there's your first problem. This is a business. I don't do this for the LOVE, I do it to make money.

Love doesn't pay my mortgage.

Back