Converting Hypersonic 2 patches

marcaze

Hello all,

I'm wondering if its possible to convert hypersonic 2 patches to another format, like sfz. I've decided not to use HS2 anymore, but there are a few hypersonic patches I would like to keep before uninstalling it. Tried converting with Extreme Sample Converter, but no luck.

Any ideas??

Thanks!

If you couldn't do it with ESC then just use HS2 for those sounds that you want. That's if you just absolutely need then. Try making the sounds in a synth.

You can only use the (FL)Directwave sampler to convert the patches
to a FL format.Then you can load the sounds from Hypersonic in
the DirectWave sampler.

Look in the manual under Directwave options

But you can use the Extreme Sample Converter too.
It will save the patch as a sf2
VSTi Converter
The VSTi Converter allows sampling of any VSTi synthesizer.
It is possible to set up to 128 key-regions and up to 128 velocity-splits per key-region. (i.e. max. 16384 zones)
The VSTi Converter also has an FX Rack allowing you to send the VSTi signal through up to 8 stereo or 16 mono VST/DX plugin effects.
http://www.extranslator.com/help/vsti.html#vsti_converter

Extreme Sample Converter is a great program and a must have.
You ca also use to convert patches from hardware.

Last edited by a moderator:
breal said:
You can only use the (FL)Directwave sampler to convert the patches
to a FL format.Then you can load the sounds from Hypersonic in
the DirectWave sampler.

Look in the manual under Directwave options

But you can use the Extreme Sample Converter too.
It will save the patch as a sf2
VSTi Converter
The VSTi Converter allows sampling of any VSTi synthesizer.
It is possible to set up to 128 key-regions and up to 128 velocity-splits per key-region. (i.e. max. 16384 zones)
The VSTi Converter also has an FX Rack allowing you to send the VSTi signal through up to 8 stereo or 16 mono VST/DX plugin effects.
http://www.extranslator.com/help/vsti.html#vsti_converter

Extreme Sample Converter is a great program and a must have.
You ca also use to convert patches from hardware.
Even if you do all that, the sound won't be close to accurate. Vsti converter won't properly created the B3 Synth Modulations, The Chorus/Reverb/Flange/ect. FX, and when you're done, you'll end up using 8-10gb for your collection of used sounds when Hypersonic only takes up 2gb of space. And is already very CPU Friendly.

Those things work good for translating sample formats(running Reason Files in Kontakt, ect.) But why would you want to turn average tweakable 10mb-50mb synth into a stiff, barely tweakable, poorly imitated 2-10gb sample library?

deRaNged 4 Phuk'dup said:
Even if you do all that, the sound won't be close to accurate. Vsti converter won't properly created the B3 Synth Modulations, The Chorus/Reverb/Flange/ect. FX, and when you're done, you'll end up using 8-10gb for your collection of used sounds when Hypersonic only takes up 2gb of space. And is already very CPU Friendly.

Those things work good for translating sample formats(running Reason Files in Kontakt, ect.) But why would you want to turn average tweakable 10mb-50mb synth into a stiff, barely tweakable, poorly imitated 2-10gb sample library?
He ask how to do it.I told him how.
All the other stuff is for him to decide.
All you said was it could not be done.

And it can't precisely. It will not sound close to the same as hs2.

But I should be used to FP by now. Home of f**king things up and considering them okay. "close enough" is a phrase you guys live by.

Last edited:
And it can't precisely. It will not sound close to the same as hs2.

But I should be used to FP by now. Home of f**king things up and considering them okay. "close enough" is a phrase you guys live by.
You whole problem is you hate it when someone shows that you
are wrong.You said it could not be done.I said and show you how
it can be done.Grow up.You can not always be right.Be man for
one time.

and as far as it not sounding right.If it is done right it sounds fine.

and as far as the harddriver space he only wanted to convert
some patches,Not all the patches.Stop talking like a fool.

^^^I'm well aware of what Translators do. I'm plenty grown and will admit when I'm wrong. If it makes you feel better. I was wrong. I said "it can't be done" I should've said "it can't be done properly". :cheers:

^^^I'm well aware of what Translators do. I'm plenty grown and will admit when I'm wrong. If it makes you feel better. I was wrong. I said "it can't be done" I should've said "it can't be done properly". :cheers:

Better yet maybe you should of said nothing.
You do that anyway.....

I am just saying it like I see it

The person want to know how to do something.
I reply to help him.Not as a dig at you or to make it
look like you did not know what you'll doing.

You looking like a stan. I said I was wrong(I really wasn't, just didn't want to bruise your ego any more than it already seemed to be). Making dry samples of a synth engine isn't in any way a proper emulation of it. Unlike samplers that can be precisely converted(NNXT, AKAI, Kontakt, ESX, Giga, Soundfont, Ect.)

Just calling it like I see it. Guess any answer's better than "no" even when "no's" the answer?

No.I think no one has a bruise ego.
I think it has gone too far and beginning to be stupid.
No hard feeling.Thro you may bump heads later.
Peace..........

Back