Collaborating through the internet? Is it possible?

DaDudeBigB

Hey everyone! I'm in need of some help! I'm trying to work with an artist that plays keyboard and wants me to help him with his production, the problem is he lives in a different state. Is there a way we can collab where he plays MIDI and it records to my software through the internet? I Use FL Studio by the way. Please if you have any info on this, let me know. Thanks!

What does splice do? Ya i think its possible. it's not as good as working with somebody in person but it is still possible. I have one Collab with a local musician here in the city. I've tried collating with people over the internet but it rarely works out. But I still have hope haha...

Yeah man so basically you upload your project onto splice and then you can share it with the person you want to collab with and they can download it and edit it onto their computer. The only thing is you guys have to use the same DAW.

Yeah man so basically you upload your project onto splice and then you can share it with the person you want to collab with and they can download it and edit it onto their computer. The only thing is you guys have to use the same DAW.

Can you share the file for the DAW? When somebody opens the (say flp) file in their daw it'll open everything the other producer can see and work with? I'm not talking about sending stems, but the actually project file.

Yeah they can see the actual file with effects, automation, and everything. The only thing is you guys cant work simultaneously. But lets say you work on it tonight then you save it.. A copy automatically uploads onto splice and then the person can open the latest version of the project that you guys have been working on. Does that make sense? Hope it helped man.

-delouxxx

Hi ,

I'm new to the forum.

I can recommend ohmstudio for online collaboration. You can record midi and audio. And you can work simultaneous on a track in nearby realtime if you got a fast Internet connection. So to say it's a DAW with very basic features, the project files are saved local and are saved to the ohmstudio server. I am not affiliated with ohmstudio.

Professional tool is the actual Cubase including Videochat etc.

There is also another DAW & Plugin called "digitalmusician network" but I think they stopped development of this tool.

Oldschool way is sending Tracks via Mail or Server.

Cheers
dubdiggah

So I checked digitalmusician after a long time and unfortunately it is dead already.

But gobbler and splice is worth a try i think.

I forgot to mention that inside of protools there is also Cloud collaboration available.

Cheers
dubdiggah

Back