Club Zero - "Energy"

C

Club Zero

After 3 weeks of hard work I finally finished a new track.

Equipment used:

-Hardware synths (Roland JX-305, Roland XP-30)
-Fruityloops 3.4
-Sound Forge 5.0
-Lots of Vst Instruments

The track is:

- Melodic Club-Trance
- Bpm : 145
- Duration : 3'18 (it's a radio edit)
- Vocals performed by J.P

Download link :

www.stationmp3.com/clubzero

Any feedback is highly appreciated :cool:

Club Zero

ahhh man! id like to hear your track but i refuse to sign up to that mp3 hosting thingy.Can the track be heard without signing?

oioi

fluxtah

Umm, I didn't know there was a registration.. well if there is a reg of some sort, you propably only have to include your email. And don't worry, they don't send any "junk" to your mailbox. :)

Club Zero

Ok, I know it's trance and so it has to be somewhat repetitive by design, but the lead after the break is just a little too repetitive. I dunno, just vary it a little more. Or, instead of varying the lead, you could add some interesting "fluff" to the background, stuff that doesn't repeat. And the song just sort of ends, there isn't really a journey to the end of the song. It just stops.

Don't get me wrong, it's a really good song, slick and well-produced, with nice sounds throughout. And I'm not talking to you as a fellow producer (because I SUCK!!), but as a music fan.

Thanks Sonic Bionic for listening. I've had lots of similar feedback on the track and I've started to make a whole new arrangement of the track based on the feedback. Thanks for contributing. :)

:cheers:

CZ

Hi,

I think the most obvious thing wrong with this mix is the lack of hooks. Radio edits of trance usually come about because a track with commercial promise is too long to be profitably played on the radio. Don't get me wrong, the production is crisp and clear, very accomplished but there are no obvious hooks ie pretty girl warbling over the top (fragma etc) or insanely catchy riffs (zombie nation). I'm not a fan of commercial dance so wouldn't say this is a bad thing, but 3.xx minutes doesn't give time to build the crescendos that trance is all about. If the track were strung out over 7-8 minutes with a dark, driving intro, a teasing first breakdown and then a full on 'oi-oi!' hands-in-the-air breakdown towards the end i think it would do itself justice.

then again i don't know if i'm the man to be giving advice on trance as i've just done a techy progressive remix of a trance tune, ditching most of the emotional chords etc... Its on my post on this board if your interested . . .

Peace

Thanks Psycotope. I appreciate you took the time to listen. Yes I made the radio edit mostly to get feedback such as yours so I'll know how to re-arrange it when making the 6++ minute version. I'll check that mix of yours. :cool:

Club Zero

Back