Chris Brown & Drake Sued Again Over Nightclub Brawl

Chris Brown and Drake get hit with yet another lawsuit over the battle of the bottles. Chris Brown and Drake’s infamous nightclub bottle-throwing scuffle stands to cost the two artists more than either of them could have imagined. The Associated Press reports that Roman Julien, a model, was injured during the bottle-tossing battle between Brown and Drake.

Read Full Story Here >>> Chris Brown & Drake Sued Again Over Nightclub Brawl

Im really interested in the outcome of this lawsuit.

On one end, the club should have had enough security to prevent such a thing from happening. But on the other, even with a load of security, there's no way you can immediately stop someone from throwing a bottle, if that was their intent. Some people are saying that the security should have known that there was some type of animosity between Chris Brown and Drake. To me, that's ridiculous. To ask security to be aware of current feuds in the music industry is ridiculous.

But if two patrons get into a fight and cause physical/mental damage to other patrons (Parker, the model, etc) and even the reputation of the club, why shouldn't those two patrons be sued? I really don't see how Chris Brown or Drake could have a legitimate defense to this lawsuit. Can they really claim that there should have been more security to prevent them from fighting?

To me, that's ridiculous. To ask security to be aware of current feuds in the music industry is ridiculous.

But if two patrons get into a fight and cause physical/mental damage to other patrons (Parker, the model, etc) and even the reputation of the club, why shouldn't those two patrons be sued? I really don't see how Chris Brown or Drake could have a legitimate defense to this lawsuit. Can they really claim that there should have been more security to prevent them from fighting?

They will try to act as if the fight started, was interrupted by the security, both parties asked to leave the club and THEN the incidents happened.
Thus acting as if the security didn't throw them out fast enough.

If that's not the case, then a club is a private party and the organizers have to meet the fire department's demands, but don't even have to have security in the club, just someone who lets people in/out. That's the same as you opening the door and letting people inside your house while having a party.

House = private, Club = private

Club is not considered private. You have to have a license to serve alcohol past a certain time in most states; particularly for clubs. And any club that would host such famous athletes and musicians would probably have security in place. But even with a ton of security, there is no way you can stop a patron from grabbing a bottle and throwing it at someone. To me, Drake and Brown should be responsible for the suits.

Back