Chill Birthday || An original, non-sampled beat

timino

I made this beat on my birthday (hence the name).... it's a chill, old school feel. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks in advance.

TiM 2da iNo

nice beat very smooth! keep it up and happy birthday haha!

I really don't go for a sound, I just make what I feel. So I appreciate the feedback because we can be the only ones feeling our creations!

My bithday was in Jan. But thanks. lol

Is this a live recording? If not what software and instruments did you use? It is chill though. I just think the drum sound is a little "faraway sounding". For a beat like this a change in movement would be beneficial. A breakdown would definitely benefit. Especially if you go from chill to dramatic and then back again to the chill vibe. It would really make the beat stand out.

This is all done on Maschine. I put reverb effects on the piano and the drums. The piano is Berlin Grand on KOMPLETE. I can get more details when I get home.

I use REAPER and Sony Acid Pro 7 - but I'm still learning them. I recorded this live from Maschine into Audacity as I didn't do it in a standard DAW.

Thanks for the feedback and props.

This is intended to be a hip hop beat eh? I dig it and the chill vibes. I might try to add some variety to it. Try dropping out the drums for a few bars for instance. Could keep ears interested longer

This is intended to be a hip hop beat eh? I dig it and the chill vibes. I might try to add some variety to it. Try dropping out the drums for a few bars for instance. Could keep ears interested longer
Hip-hop/R&B... I just made what I felt. Just chill, hybrid 90's feel...

Back