changing tempo of a sample in reason 5?

N

newbieproduce

i'm trying to sample and make the sample go faster put when i change the tempo at the bottom it just makes the drums go faster. should i change the pitch on dr octo rex? but then i need the exact bpm and then the drums will get off sync .

Its on youtube

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

Use the nnxt

i'm trying to sample and make the sample go faster put when i change the tempo at the bottom it just makes the drums go faster. should i change the pitch on dr octo rex? but then i need the exact bpm and then the drums will get off sync .

I have the same exact question.

I found this video via james bernard on youtube but it's a bezoomy bit glitchy! So when he changes the tempo of the sample, i totally can't see what he's clicking on .. Recycle 2.1 Tutorial - YouTube any assistance or links to a better video would be great..

peace

Well there is a a TAP button in the sequncer USE IT or Use a dj software like nativeinstrument traktor it gives you the tempo if you don't want to click click click and click

---------- Post added at 08:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 AM ----------

u'll need propellerhead Record 1.5 or reason6. use cubase 'rewire' or another sequencer... do you sample on kong or REX? cuz i don't know how to sample in REX :p

what did you use to sample it? sample tempo and pitch is tricky in dr rex because it has to be set up a certain way to begin with...

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

wait this is from 2011 smh

In my opinion, Reason isn't recommended for chopping a sample and organising it and shizzle.
Although in the new versions I think you get the brilliant features to do it or a sister program called "Record".

I usually chop up and set bpm in FL Edison and then put it in Reason, set the correct bpm and there you go.
Making beats in Reason is more recommended than chopping up..

Beats & Instrumentals | D-Funkdafied Music - Buy Beats | Hip Hop Instrumentals | Beats for Sale | Download Music | Sound-Ware

Yeah, updating to 7 will give you all the tools you need. If not, you're gonna wanna timestretch and pitch shift in a 3rd party loop editor before loading into reason.

Back