Chad Hugo Portable Studio

Looks more like a QY100. I'm glad you mentioned the QY70 though cause I would've never guessed myself

do people actually make beats on these things? like.. successfully for records and whatever?

I think it would be cool for my car because I got a half an hour commute to school each morning and afternoon and i could just make beats with my right hand. (beats with right hands.. hehehe)

anyway.. I tihnk korg made some micro sampler that also takes batteries. Does anyone know if that would be just as good or better?

the qy series is old... came out b4 2000... uses smart media cards... the RM1X and RS7000's designs comes from this... save ur pennies... the Beat Thang's a comin.

da relic

Last edited:
no one answered my question..

would that yamaha be good to make beats in the car or does that new korg micro sampler blow it away..

Qy100,,, not the Qy70. I had one of these. I used to have the QY10 in the 90's then I bought this one. It had one of the best sequencers out then. I never liked the sounds that Yamaha had back then. Really MIDI-esque Sounding. But I tell you what , if you need an external sequencer to trigger something like The Roland Samplers which has Horrible sequencers then that is the ticket.

Back