CD duplication?

adomav17

Me and my friend... we making a mixtape soon...and i was wondering what ya'll do as far as CD duplication.... because i know you can get companies to do it for you, but it seems like a rip off to me when you could just get a machine to do it for you.... i mean guitar center was doing 350 dollars for 100 cds or something to that effect...

now... i saw a bunch of CD duplicators on the site, but the price range was very diverse..... like i saw some that were 200 dollars and some that were 3000 dollars.... I'm looking for something that would do it relatively effeciently and have it at good quality.... any suggestions?

Guitar Center uses DiskFaktory - The package that's $350 for a hundred CD's is easily worth $500... Without a doubt, the best quality short-run place I've used.

They have a package that's $200 also - Still amazing quality. The thermal (*full color thermal*) on the disc is the best I've seen. And they're one of very few short-run places I know of that actually does a BLER check on the production master.

thanks for the info....the only thing is that if you would want to make more than 100, then it would be expensive for me..... so lets say you wanted 1000..... wouldn't it be just worth it to buy one of those CD duplicators?

If you're making 1,000 pieces, just have them pressed professionally.

yeah, At home pressing isn't gonna beat the quality by a longshot, or value by much(if any)once you pay for the duplicator, CDs, and ink. The $2,000-4,000 ones are more for when you're providing a duplication service. And the $200 ones are more for when you want to print up 5 or 6 copies of something for family and friends. Also not suggesting you won't sell, but a thousand CDs is alot more than it seems to push yourself without any overhead buzz. Not saying it can't be done, but don't be fooled by the urban legend that you can sell thousands of CDs out of your trunk.

Last edited:
alright thanks.... i'll look for some company then...

i know 1000 sounds like alot, but i think i know enough people and got the resources to do 750-1000

Yes but you can have someone do it for you so that everything will be easy. I was able to get a contact online regarding CD duplication and it's awesome to know that they can do that for me as easy as 1-2-3. Thanks for posting this info too because I get to share my ideas on it.

Back