Can't install my MPD18!!

B

Beats09

I installed the editor software but when I hook up the MPD18 to my computer the "found new hardware" screen pops up (windows vista) and asks me for a driver. Windows doesn't find a driver on the disc that came with it and there isn't one on Akai's website.

Can some1 help me out? Thanks

Ya that's what I thought to but even if I cancel the Found New Hardware thing, the Mpd18 editor and Cubase don't recognize it.

The buttons light up and there's power to it but.....

And it doesn't have midi in/out so I can't hook it up that way

hmm thats weird there is an akai tech support line but its useless. i called them for my mpk 25 in september and they told me they would call me back with more info and never did and when i called back i kept getting the run around. there has to be a youtube tutorial but idk i dont use cubase

Did you try hitting "Install Automatically" instead of canceling?

It's never a good idea to simply cancel a driver installation. That just leaves you with no driver whatsoever for your device, not even a class-compliant driver.

You said that it has power, but does it have *enough* power? How many other USB devices do you have connected at the same time?

Last edited:
Probably has something to do w/ Vista instead of your MPD. It smells like administrator installation issues.

I could be wrong though.

@Xabiton, i sent them an email friday but they haven't responded yet.

@Salem Beats I don't think it's a power issue, because I only have a licenser, keyboard, and mouse in the usb ports.

I don't see an option for "Install Automatically. It only gives me 3 options:

- Locate and Install driver
- Ask me again later
- Don't show this message again for this device.

@Cphoenix any suggestions to get it to install?

THANKS EVERYBODY FOR UR INPUT!

I'm not familiar w/ Vista but.. usually when you install things like that.. first you have to install the driver. Then, you plug in the midi device and choose "Install from a specific location". then choose "Don't Search" and if you properly installed the drivers, it'll be right there. Click it and you should be home free from there.

Vista has a lot of administration bs that sometimes makes it a little difficult to install devices and programs. You might have to do a google search on it to find out how to turn off a lot of those administrator roadblocks.

That is of course.. if that's what the issue really is. I'm just guessing right now.

i'm having this same problem, but on XP :\ I hope I can get it to work! I just spent good money on some fat pads for it.

Back