Can't explain this .. any ideas? (sample)

rocstetti

OK this is the 2nd time i've had this happen now.. i get sent a beat to mix or work on with a sample, i open the project normally, listen to it normally then close it without changing anything or saving. later i open the same project and the sample is not the same its all wrong!! (tempo, the chop.. it has some before and some after that wasnt there originally.) im in fl studio 11 xxl, i always keep the original .zip so i save the one ive worked on as something different. when i go back and play the original it happens. this guys samples are usually time stretched to fit which i hate and (want to) blame for this but i dont know. again, original project is untouched. no settings changed on my pc.. any help is appreciated!

hmmm..not sure how FL works, or if this is even the problem.

But are you ever getting asked if you would like to Preserve the sample time stamps or convert to tick based? If his stuff his time stretched with elastic audio you're gonna want to preserve all sample rates and make sure those tracks aren't being switched to tick based by accident. Tick based follows tempo. I know in Pro Tools you can toggle tracks between tick and sample accidentally sometimes. So maybe in FL?

Probably not the problem, but its a first guess.

Back