buzz

K

kavalake

hey,

this is to dj chriss or anyone else who knows buzz. i'm willing to start using buzz to make my songs, but it's really hard to use. i would like to know if there are any tutorials.

i downloaded the buzz 1.2 beta, but i see almost no interface changes. the sliders are still 4 pixels in size. am i doing something wrong?

is it possible to use a synth like the yamaha portatone psr-225 with buzz?

kavalake

the 1.2 beta ran fine, but now i'm getting a 'can't open midi device 2' error when buzz starts up. then it hangs. does anyone know how to solve this problem?

kavalake

Sorry, my computer has been down for a while (and still is).

Uninstall Buzz.
Reinstall Buzz.
Then, if you dare to use a beta, go to:
http://www.jeskola.com/beta/
And download the "Buzz.exe"
and the
"SampleIO"
file.
All you need to do then, is to copy (and overwrite) these files to the buzz main directory.
You have to be carefull with the buzz preferences! I'll have another check at the MIDI interface to make sure I'm saying the rigth thing.

Oh yeah... do you have the 1.28 beta? That is the most stable one.

i don't remember exactly if it's the 1.28 beta, but i know it's at least 1.2. i downloaded all the files that were written about in readme.txt in http://www.jeskola.com/beta/.

i think i know now what the problem is. i accidentally chose the retro as-1 software synth or whatever as my midi device. i later found out that i don't have it installed anymore. now buzz can't find it and hangs always.

i tried uninstalling and installing. i even tried versions 1.04, 1.1, and 1.2. nothing helps. i still get the 'can't open midi device 2' error. i found a buzz registry entry on my computer. maybe i should delete this and then install again?

kavalake

Yes. You'll have to delete everything Buzz-related, (not the machines of course.)
MIDI and buzz must be handled with alot of care.
Since it is freeware you can't expect it to be 100% stable on all platforms.
But it is a GREAT program once you get the hang of it.

Oh yeah. And if you find a bug. Just contact the creators and they'll fix you up a patch.

Back