Buying Gig Speakers

Desperado2250

Can anyone give me an idea of what speakers I should be looking at? I understand some speakers have built in amps which plug directly into the mixer, and others which just go through the amp.

I just bought the NS7FX package, are their any brands that would suit these better? Does it matter? Im new in this area so please forgive any ignorance.

Any advice would be appreciated :)

Speaker set up depends on what type of gigs you will be doing. If you will be doing majority smaller gigs like house parties, birthdays, weddings etc, then you might want to go with a powered speaker set up. 12s will suffice but 15s would be better. As far as brands go Yamaha is the perfect blend of affordability and reliability. If you have anymore questions holla at me on twitter at djchev. Ive been djing for over 6 years now so I should be able to help you out.

Are powered speakers speakers with amps built in? Thanks for the advice, appreciate it.
followed you on twitter

---------- Post added 11-30-2011 at 03:41 AM ---------- Previous post was 11-25-2011 at 08:29 PM ----------

bump, any other suggestions?

I would go with Alto's. They just came out not to long ago. But I got the 15 inch ones and they push 800 watts each. For only $350 per speaker. It's a pretty good deal for them. But do your homework before you go out and buy speakers. If you have a local Guitar Center or any music store check out their speakers and ask them if you could give them a listen and decide which ones are right for you. Good Luck!

Back