Building a small studio. What pro synthesizer keyboard should I get?

coco2888

ok I jus got my mpc 2000xl. I have been making nice drum patterns with it but I don't have turntables or any source of sampling.I'm not a huge fan of sampling anyway. I have pro tools for mixing and I even have reason and fl studio but I like hands on feel of hardware.

I'm a big fan of pianos and keyboards. I want to start investing In a professional keyboard. My question is what keyboards do you guys reccomend. I want a synthesizer keyboard so I can make full hip hop beats with my mpc 2000 and a keyboard and pour them into pro tools for mixing purposes. Right now I have a limited pocket so a cheap pro keyboard with some cool sounds will be the perfect fit until I have the money for a motif. What are the best low priced synth midi keyboards?
Also do you think it's a good idea to invest in a kurzwell sampler keyboard so I can also play the sound snippets I have on my CPU on a keyboard?
And also is pro tools a good to mixer for beats or should I invest in a mixing hardware. If so what mixer?
So basically I want everything running through the mpc - a keyboard and a mixer? Whats the cheapest and best combo? Will this be all I need to make some bangin beats?

Last edited:
Kurzweil most defininetly, but the question is, are you going to have time to invest to learn it? It's a very deep board, and if programming and synthesis really isn't your thing, get a motif or a korg m3, those are pretty good for hip-hop.

And as far as mixing in pro-tools, I can't really answer cause it's a personal choice, and since you're on a budget, stick to pro-tools, you get a lot for your money.

To be honest if u ain't big on sampling u should sell your mpc and
Invest in your computer set up or a yamaha motif or Roland fantom

What do you guys thinks about a korg trinity with 61 keys for 300$? Is it worth the money I never used one before

Back