Broken - BEATS by Dr. Dre headphones

S

sh4k3

So I bought these headphones when they first came out a few years back, and they've been great until this recent problem that I've been experiencing.

Whenever I plug the headphones into a device, and power them on, I get a constant humming/buzzing noise in the right speaker. The humming/buzzing noise persists until I ground myself (Ex. touch my laptop case). The noise goes away when I'm grounded, then reappears when I unground myself. Has anyone experienced similar problems with any type of headphone?

Considering the cost at which I purchased these headphones at, I'm reluctant to just scrap them and go with something new.

Any ideas for an easy fix?

personally i'd scrap them and not ever buy something that's got a massive price tag on it just because it's got a famous producers name on it. just my opinion.
ps, could just be a dodgy connection

Clean off the input and port. Sounds like a sketchy contact.

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

Also, try ensuring that your input cables arent contacting other power cables.

"Are these headphones good?"

listening and even beatmaking, yes. detailed mixing, no.

Last edited:
My friend had a pair, didn't take long for the plastic band to break. They're nice but I'd recommend selling them and getting a nice pair of Sennheisers, better value IMO.

Back