Bouncing & Stems

Dancenstein

hey guys

in one of my last track (it's a dance/90s trance track, more dance than trance) i used this method.
Basically after the whole structure was done, I started adding some effects, some pan & level adjustments, and some eq cuts where needed, also some automations.
Only THEN I bounced every mixer tracks in a .wav, arranged all of them in a new project and THEN i started messing around more with equalizers and volume balancing. this was not really good because sometimes one of my .wav bounced file was already "automated" or had already some "eq" boosts.

how do you bounce your tracks when the "artistical" side of the production is 99% done? do you do all in one project (i would have wanted to, but my PC just said "NO!" lol)? do you bounce before applying ANY effects? i had to apply some effects because, it already happened to me: bouncing tracks without effects, apply some eqs/balancements and the sounds just didn't fit together, so I had to go back and do it again etc.

Anyway general tips for this kind of stuff, much appreciated so next time I don't scratch my head when my acid line starts disappearing for no reason :pointing:

Back