Big Room/Progressive House Track - Need Advice To Polish Track

Chris Stebbins

Hey guys,

Here's a new track I just finished. I'm really happy with it, but I was wondering if anyone might be able to give me some advice to get a little more polish on the sound quality. I've done everything that I know of to get it sounding as good as possible, but I still feel it needs something to get it sounding a little better in terms of sound quality. I'll post below what I used etc.

DAW: FL Studio
- I used the FabFilter EQ on every channel
- I also used Sausage Fattener on a lot of channels (I've tried other Limiters - Waves L1,L2, etc), but I really like the sound of Sausage Fattener best to really beef up each channel
- I also used Waves S1 Stereo Imager to widen up the leads and a few other sounds

After I bounced the track out at a 32bit Wave with the master volume at -6dB

For Mastering:
- First I used the Fabfilter EQ to cut the lows around 20Hz
- Next I used the Waves C1 Compressor (set at a Ratio of 2.00:1, Threshold at -10, Attack 10, Release 50
- Next I used the Ozone4 Loudness Maximizer Limiter (set with a threshold of -9.0)
- Last I used the Sausage Fattener set at just 5% (just slighty as a little more sparkle/polish to track imo)

ANY suggestions to get this sounding a little more polished are greatly appreciated!

Thx guys! Hope u like the track
icon_smile.gif

Nice one, im not really a fan of big room house but this chords are positive and not as annoyingly boring as most of the ones i heard! maybe u should try add a little more reverb and a pad in the background! you can really make something out of this! keep it up! :)

I really like this. It's kind of like a toned down version of big room house (if that makes any sense at all. At least it's more toned down than most of annoying big room stuff out today). And like others have said, the chords are very positive.

I don't see a single thing wrong with this track, it sounds great! This is less of a suggestion more than it is just a comment; Maybe you could try to automate low pass filters on the synths in the main melodies to give an element of a build up. It's something I typically do and I think it could add a little something to the track.

Nice one, im not really a fan of big room house but this chords are positive and not as annoyingly boring as most of the ones i heard! maybe u should try add a little more reverb and a pad in the background! you can really make something out of this! keep it up! :)

I made a bigger pad and beefed up the bassline so it plays throughout each bar entirely with a sidechain (instead of just having the bass play on the exact same notes as the lead). I think this made everything sound more full. I reposted the updated version at the top. Any other suggestions of you guys think it's good to send to labels?

you got the right sounds and its sounding well.. i will recomend you to listen to other reference big tracks and analyze what they do during breaks or build up n shit.. in my opinion you should spend your energy in creating emotions, building pads or whatever underneath your main sounds, maybe some fast hats loops. kick in your track is sounding good and it had a good vibe. good track anyways

Back