Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro .. 80 ohm or 250 ohm with amp?

Sin_Beatz

Hey FP!

Im about to purchase some Beyers for mixing my beats... but aint sure whether to go with the 80 ohm verson or the 250 ohm version with a headphone amp. I've heard that the 80 ohm version is alot more bass heavy than the 250 ohm version (which is alot more flatter/balanced)... If that rumors true, i want the 250 ohm version right? As i will be using them to mix my beats, i want them to be flat & balanced right?

Can someone please clear this up for me!

Thanks

I'd go for flat and balanced myself, but the 80s still sound great. If yo uhave a decent headphone amp I'd go for the 250s. If not then do the 80's because they are louder, more sensitive making them ideal for use with lower powered headphone amps.

Just to boot, I have the 250 Ohm 880 Pros. They are great headphones. Driving them with a simple interface will still sound good, but in my experience, it wasn't loud enough. When I listened to a fully mastered track with the volume turned all the way up, it is perfect. But when working on a track with the faders below 0dB, it simply wasn't loud enough and I opted for a headphone amp. Glad that I did too - gave a little more punch on the low end, and made a huge difference on the highs. I don't have many suggestions for an amp though, as I built one myself.

Having a high quality headphone amp really does make a difference. Even going from computer headphone out to your interface makes a big difference.

Back