Best setup for composing? Switch from Maschine?

OrhanGizzle

So the deal is I'm working with Maschine, making sample-based beats, but I have desire to start producing from the bottom.

What is the best setup in your oppinion for doing this in regard of work flow and sounds?

And about the sounds, do most producers work with premade sounds or do they create them themselves?

What I'm really inspired by ATM is The Weeknd and Vince Staples, to give a few examples.

Any input is welcome!

The NI sounds you get with Maschine are quality and for the most part very editable.
If I were you I'd pick up a DAW (Reaper if cash is tight) and Komplete to use in conjunction with Maschine and a simple controller keyboard.

I'm thinking about buying a keyboard to connect to the Maschine. You know if thats possible? And then create the lead instruments in the Maschine invorenment, and then add drums in say cubase. Making these hihat spins and etc. is hard to do in Maschine.

I've got a little Korg MicroKey37 that I use with Maschine. Works with no problem.

Maschine can be run as a VST within your DAW and as far as I can tell there's no limit on the instances of Maschine that can be run there...

There's lot of video tutorials on YouTube about hooking Maschine through a DAW... it's pretty much the same process whichever DAW you use so you should be able to work it out fairly quickly.

Back