Best Place to get started. ATL?LA?NYC?MIA?

JesusCondom

I am from a foreign country and I decided to move to US.
I am a singer and songwriter(rnb,pop) I am considering about ATL and MIA. And also LA, NYC, but they're very expensive.

Do you guys have any suggestion? A city with great music scene and connections, for singer, songwriter?

Thanks so much!

Well coming from a resisdent, born and raised in florida, come to miami man that atmosphere in the city is very inspiring and also everyone is down here, you can make many connections and network.

I would say NYC. So much music comes out of NYC. I would expect it to be the easiest place to network and to find other artists to work with. On the down side, being a dense urban area, it might not always be the best place to rehearse.

There is no way Boston or Nashville would be over Chicago. TBH I would say NY, ATL Chicago/LA close tie....LA might have it edged out, but Chicago's drill scene is hotter right now

There is no way Boston or Nashville would be over Chicago. TBH I would say NY, ATL Chicago/LA close tie....LA might have it edged out, but Chicago's drill scene is hotter right now
The OP is a singer-songwriter, not an uneducated black 15 year old, so I am sure Chicago drill scene might not be what they're looking for. Plus, Boston has Berklee School of Music which would be great for building a network and Nashville is the singer-songwriter capitol of the US.

The OP is a singer-songwriter, not an uneducated black 15 year old, so I am sure Chicago drill scene might not be what they're looking for. Plus, Boston has Berklee School of Music which would be great for building a network and Nashville is the singer-songwriter capitol of the US.
Chicago is not only drill music. We have a deep history with Jazz and Blues, not everybody from Chicago is a drill rapper. There is a big hip hop backpack scene. Artist like Lupe, Common, John Legend. You seem undereducated about Chicago we have some of the best art and music schools in America, one of the best if not the best broadway/theater scenes also

I think you got a good chance in Chicago, right now their scene is blowing up after so many years

Lot of other shit blowing up in chicago too :p

No but Chicago has deep deep music history for real.

OP it also depends on the type of music you want to make/write. Nashville is very country, NY is very urban (haven't been to either but that's my impression), etc. Watch that HBO Series "Sonic Highways" it's the dude from the Foo Fighters talking about the musical history of cities across the US. Might find a place you like

Back