Best Mixing tips for cool edit pro???

Hi, Ive been using cool edit pro for a while now, and i like how the vocals sound but i seem to get some hollowness or distant sort of sound when recording, i have some sound proofing in front of the mic so i dunno if its he room. but i just want to see how others mix and record with cool edit pro??

i do some basics like, noise reduction, dynamic processing-real audio compander, ft filers - desser - graphic eq - spit clear and mix it all down, thats for both dubbs and lead vocals, should i use different effects on dubbs??

also whats the best effects for hooks? like rappin hooks? any advice would be great thanks.

well i used 2 use cool edit pro 2.0 & upgraded to adobe audition 3 (cool edit 3) and adobe cs5 (cool edit 4), but they should have some good presets 4 chorus nd just use the spectrum selection tool to preview different options then tweak it 2 your liking. i usually find myself doing more boosting during the eq'ing of hooks than verses, but thats how i like it sounding personally i guess.

post an example of the sound. I remember I went to this studio and their vocals were coming out horrible. I then found out the mic was backwards when they recorded...

Back