Best DAW for Hip Hop Sampling

In your opinion what's the best DAW for Hip Hop boom bap type production?
I would say Native Instruments Maschine. It has a very hands on intuitive workflow, and great especial for sampling. Of course you can make sampled based music on other daws, but i just think maschine makes it really easy to create...well once you wrap your head around it. anything you do is going to take some learning and practice. If i was starting off tho, i would rather learn maschine than a full fledged Daw. Eventually as you get more experience you may end up getting a daw and can integrate them together.

Depends on your needs. I wouldn't call Maschine a DAW its lacking heavily in the DAW department but its a cool beatmaking app. I use it as a drum machine works great at that but for a DAW its not competing with most beyond the aspect of basic beat making. There is no best DAW for sampling but some good ones to look at are Live 9, Reason 7, FL Studio, and Acid. I believe they all have demos try them each and see what one you like best.

I have tried a few DAW software's, but always come back to Mixcraft, I find it very easy to use along with the their sounds and the many I have obtained elsewhere, then again maybe it is just that Mixcraft was my first DAW!, I also like Magix.

Reason 7......me being biased of course. Auto chopped samples edited on demand and headed straight into Dr.Octo Rex. But...........I don't use the other stuff....so.

Cubase....I don't even use a drum sampler...I do everything in the sequencer.....it's like a no brainer....like why would I put samples in a drum machine when I can just arrange the chops in sequencer and have way more fun? Warp them......pitch shift them. Unless I was doing some live type effects.....which still I can load up an effect plug for that.

LOL......at some of these answers.
There's no such thing.Any D.A.W can be used to make any genre of music.

Peace

Back