best audio interface on a budget?

_big d

i have an m audio fast track mini with pro tools and the fast track mini is terrible. not worth the money at all.

ive been thinking of upgrading to an motu 828 mkii but before i make that purchase i was wondering what the other options would be

my budget is 300 and i dont mind taking something used

what im looking for is something that has atleast 8 outs, midi, and good sound quality

its gonna be used to record beats from an mpc. thanks

I have a tascam us-1800, it works great has good built-in preamps two line in/guitar inputs and is fairly cheap... the us-2000 is alot better but priced a little higher

your options are limited bc of your budget I would save and buy the best...needless to save if its gonna make you money today buy the motu 828 mkii. this may also be suitable tascam us-2000
[h=2][/h]

word thanks for all the advice. looks like im just going to get a used motu 828 mkii
it looks like the left output of my mpc is broken though, if i get the 8 outs will that fix this? or it wont matter because ill still have to use stereo outs? also, could i just record my tracks 1 at a time through my headphone output and not lose quality?

Back