Beats By Dre Ruining Hearing

everything at high volumes do.lawnmower's like 95-105 and 85's pretty loud enough as it is but some dudes still listen to them at such high levels...
how can they handle that -_- kinda jealous wish I could handle that loudness :/

I've learned from this brand that it's not really about what the artist wants you to hear, it's about what you want to hear from the artist.

I think pretty much any set of headphones can damage hearing if you turn it up enough. As for Beats, I never cared for them. You can easily pick up a pair of Grado SR225s for half that price, and hear the music as it was actually meant to be heard. The levels are done in mixing and mastering- if they want big bass, that's where they'll do it (not in headphones)

I think pretty much any set of headphones can damage hearing if you turn it up enough.
This. The article is more about the risks related to using headphones than claiming that Beats headphones ruin your hearing, other than being one driving force that aims to make wearing headphones fashionable.

I'll be next to people who are wearing headphones and be able to clearly hear every word of the song they're listening so I know it has to be too loud for them. I avoid the use of headphones as much as possible.

Back