Beat you to it, lol...

1. I'm learning the piano instead of self teaching. I've always self taught myself stuff. Never read manuals or none of that. This time I'm spending the money to understand exactly how things work. How my hands should work when using stuff. I already have a musical ear....that's not good enough for me.

2. I'm learning a new work flow. Extremely fast computer with none of the problems I've ever had in my life with computers....FINALLY!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!! Win 7 64, all new software. Big screen about to get me anurrrderrrrn on dey ass!!! Various N.I sounds. Cubase 7, Reason Essentials at my door. THis week getting a Mackie Blackjack! Ole Rice making big upgrades from what he had. lol! Trying to decide on an Impulse now or MOX6 in March. I hate these kind of decisions because then it leads me into the used Motif xs6 or the MOX6. It's not for sounds..just the keys. But hell, it's a very big plus to have the sounds. Long discussion, fuuck it! I might get the old Mashine later. Yall can have the colorful lights and shit.

3. I got tricks up my sleeve that I'm ready to use on the marketing tip. TOo many biters. I'm about to disappear from this MFer. Fuuck FP!! Yall kiss my ass from here to cross the street!

4. It's on! Believe me.......I ain't just talking. It's on like a MFer!

Reason 6.5 vs Essentials. One was $79 and the other is $399. One has more of the old stuff people were used to when they bought 5. Me........I was on R3.....so I don't care about Thor and Kong and all that other shit. Check out some of these Rack Extentions. Hopefully somebody makes a new arp RE or something shit. I can still use a lot of my old refills though since they mainly use NNXT. But these sumabittches took away my Malstom......WTF!!??!! Make Malstrom a RE!!!!

It's going to be a good year!

Last edited:
my plans for 2013:
i want 2 sterling silver bracelets, a custom 360 chain in sterling silver, 2 sterling silver rings, 360 earrings in sterling silver.

my plans for 2014:
is getting a M-Audio ProjectMix I/O, Akai MPD 32 & MPK 88 & XR-20, Innofader for my Urei 1601S, Korg Microkorg XL & Monotribe, Arturia Minibrute.
Most people on the MPC forums recommended me to stay away from the MPC Renaissance cause FL is better they said. which is a blessing in money.

I think i'm gonna get the jewelry first this year once i have a job. than buy the music equipment in 2014 cause i feel like the music can still be done witouth the equipment.

Im putting out a mixtape that I will be writing, peformed and produce myself, then im putting this whole rap thing on a shelf. I got other more important stuff to focus on, like school, moving out moms house and relationships. Maybe i will return to making music again in a few months.

Joining the U.S. Navy Band in December, Lord Willin'.

2013 is more like a huge, red "R E S E T" button for all of my goals. I'm re-writing all of my plans and taking smaller baby steps to get things accomplished. Instead of making vague long-term goals like,

"I'm going to get better at piano and sight-reading and join the band this year."

It's more like:

"I'm going to practice "x" scale and all of its scale tone chords for the for the next two days, and then I'm going to move on to the next and backtrack frequently."

"I'm going to practice this piece at 2pm every day for the next two weeks."

Have your long term goals in the back of your mind but get the short-term (and I mean VERY SHORT) goals executed. It's so much easier to get shit done that way.

Baby steps.

That was my biggest problem in 2012. I would make attainable goals, but I didn't take the time to write them down and execute the short-term goals to get there. Your goals should be DAILY. Make a log of everything you have done DAILY, that way you can look back and see how you are progressing towards that big goal.

Besides my goal to join the band and get better at the piano my goals are pretty much personal goals, like paying off bills, and getting in better shape. 2014/After I join the band is when my musical goals are going to be accomplished because that is all I will be doing. I WILL be a professional military musician playing gigs around the world.

Graduating with my undergrad in 2013. Attending school for music business in late 2013. Opening my independent label in mid 2014 while still in school.

2013 back to Frooty loopz LOL I just made the best beat of my life! Brought in the new year sober as fuuuuhh!

step my game up on logic and start producing a storm. come out with an album/mixtape/compilation I produced myelf. get my $$$ up. take my daughter everywhere i never went. spend quality time with the fam. find that balance in life we all seek.

Happy New Year FP,

For those of you setting goals for the new year, - try and focus on specific goals.
Progress becomes easier to attain and measure when your target is visible. (Lock and load)

Good Luck.

Baby steps.

That was my biggest problem in 2012. I would make attainable goals, but I didn't take the time to write them down and execute the short-term goals to get there. Your goals should be DAILY. Make a log of everything you have done DAILY, that way you can look back and see how you are progressing towards that big goal.

I use this for writing.

Write In Private: Free Online Diary And Personal Journal | Penzu

Pro account. You can email ish there.

It'll email you stuff you wrote in intervals. You'll be surprised at some of the ish you say, think, thought...

Sometimes I'm like "I wrote that ish?" (it's sort of the same on FP, I never remember anything I post)

Sometimes I'm like "Why didn't I follow up on that???"

If you rap, write raps on it.

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

2013 back to Frooty loopz LOL I just made the best beat of my life! Brought in the new year sober as fuuuuhh!

Yeah, that drinking ish is overrated. I'm chillin' on the sauce too. Got energy and ish now and I'm not making incoherent posts on FB...

Last edited:
I use this for writing.

Write In Private: Free Online Diary And Personal Journal | Penzu

Pro account. You can email ish there.

It'll email you stuff you wrote in intervals. You'll be surprised at some of the ish you say, think, thought...

Sometimes I'm like "I wrote that ish?" (it's sort of the same on FP, I never remember anything I post)

Sometimes I'm like "Why didn't I follow up on that???"

If you rap, write raps on it.

OMG I swear you come out of nowhere with the craziest tools Rome lol. I appreciate this tidbit!

OMG I swear you come out of nowhere with the craziest tools Rome lol. I appreciate this tidbit!

I use it for all types of ish, lol. I have a journal where I keep track of my weight, another where I keep track of ish I need to discuss with my son, another where I just type random ish, another for cool quotes I find.

You can sync it to your phone and read the ish later. They send you alerts about stuff you typed - and probably forgot. They send an alert that says "On this day last year you typed - blah blah blah" and I be like "WTF was I thinking, lol" or "Damn, that's pretty deep"

I'm down with Neeko on the Positive Energy thing... New Year's made me do some reflection... and I went to penzu.com and started typing ish, lol.

You can post photo's and ish on it too. Lot of stuff.

I don't use all of the features, I do like TO DO LISTS and ish. I don't like typing on my phone so I use penzu.com.

Last edited:
I accomplished most of my goals for 2012. The only one I didn't reach was 1,000 YouTube subscribers I am now around 650 which still ain't bad considering I was at like 120 a year ago. Also wanted to release and promote a project I produced in its entirety. I did that the project is called I hate mixtapes. Also wanted to produce an entire instrumental album did that though I haven't decided when to release it. Said I wanted to do some vlogging and I have been saying that since 2005 I just finally did it in 2012. Hell I don't know much of what I want to do for my new years resolution in 2013 to be honest. maybe this year i will hit that 1,000 subscriber goal.

Like I said before, I don't really set a lot of big time goals. Just keep my head down and work for the most part

Slowly been building my empire over the last year, now I'm goin for the jugular in 2013. Finishing my next project, the 5AM EP and am about 75% done. Been being more aggressive in going after placements on upcoming and established acts, so far so good, last week I got 7 songs on 5 different artist's projects. Gonna continue to study business. I'm coming out with a clothes line. And the big one, BETTERING MYSELF AS AN ARTIST! I've been workin' on my delivery and image as well has my plan to market and promote myself. 2013 looks like its gon B a busy year filled with shows, networking and move making!

I accomplished most of my goals for 2012. The only one I didn't reach was 1,000 YouTube subscribers I am now around 650 which still ain't bad considering I was at like 120 a year ago. Also wanted to release and promote a project I produced in its entirety. I did that the project is called I hate mixtapes. Also wanted to produce an entire instrumental album did that though I haven't decided when to release it. Said I wanted to do some vlogging and I have been saying that since 2005 I just finally did it in 2012. Hell I don't know much of what I want to do for my new years resolution in 2013 to be honest. maybe this year i will hit that 1,000 subscriber goal.

Good Job. I remember you doing those reason tutorials. I'm sure if you stick with it you will hit and exceed your goals.

Good Job. I remember you doing those reason tutorials. I'm sure if you stick with it you will hit and exceed your goals.
Appreciate it. That's the plan though I do more reviews of things now and tutorials here and there for general music production rather than just Reason.

Back