Beat Battles in NY

neonmansion

Hey! I'm a music producer from NY and I'm looking to get myself into some beat battles. I've been putting it off for a while but I feel like now is a good time. Does anyone know of Beat Battles in NY?? I really want to get out there and just play my shit against other producers. I don't even care if I win but I believe in my shit and I think it'd be a good way to grow and make connections!

So like... how would I even find out about various beat battles and showcases in the NYC area.. (I live in Long Island)

thanks bro! at the same time it is a ****ing hassle to drive into NYC.. like it really sucks.. and also you still gotta know where to go.

any ideas on finding out word on beat battles?

Dude it must be so nice to live in a place full of artists. You're lucky don't let that go to waste.
What he said
I live in Serbia, the ****ing slums of Europe, I'd kill to live in NY lol
and as far as finding beat battles in your area, facebook is your best choice to look for events like that

Istandard does them in NYC alot however....

The whole beat battle is an experience you will probably want to know once. I did a couple both times i made it into the finals rounds. As much as the judges say it isn't, it is a popularity contest. the winner usually wins all of them, all the time. everyone knows them and they are automatically picked to be the "best" even after hearing a sub par or average track.

Try it once so you can get a feel but i would use the event for networking and a showcase to get your music heard by anyone in the audience. Also, it can be expensive as far as i know all of the beat battles are pay for play, unless you get sponsored because you are a frequent winner. So try it out if you want but do not get your hopes up to win because its all a setup from the door. not hating just speaking facts from my experiences.

There is a Beat Battle this month called Beats On Deck...Upstate NY...June 20th...1st Prize $1000...anyone interested email....BeatsOnDeckBattle@gmail.com...

Back