Beat Battle Round 1: dkp vs SPECIAL-T

Status
Not open for further replies.
gotta gow ith dk on this one sample chopping in the other was way to choppy gott alearn how to chop better. if u guys have a chance stop by the other battles

DK gets my vote.

presentation was dope, the hook and scratches was dope, the whole thing was just dope and different

lol yea I remember dkp's beat from Troup's chat. The beat was cool, even though I know you can do better than this. Nothing really that special here. The arrangement was nice...the scratches during the hook were okay...but a tid bit sloppy...the usage of new sounds towards the end was definitely a nice touch.

Special's beat had a real feel good type of vibe via the sample that was used. Those drums don't really fit the mood of the song though, they instantly sound out of place. The transitional chopping phase was far too basic for any effectiveness...so the whole thing ended up sounding repetitive and boring after a while. I was waiting for something to maybe add more excitement to the track, but to no avail.

Vote: d.k.p.

thanx people for the votes. I TOTALLY forgot about these battles, Im gonna go check the other ones now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back