Beast from the East

rec

Any one remember Sam, The Beast from the East. I used to break dance for him back in the early 80's. Guess I am showing my age. Not sure if I should have posted this here but oh well. He had a big following here on the East coast. I recently got some turntables and was digging thru my vinyl collection and came across a couple of his 12" singles.
R

I know where Sam the Beast is.
I work with him in VA. In fact, 3 days a week for the last 2 months - I have been sitting right next to him.

He is not rapping anymore. But If you mention "Whoop Whoop that's the sound of the beast" - or "Knock Knock - Who Dat" - he perks up and smiles.

Cool Brother - very down to earth.

G

G,

That is too cool, I miss the good ole days. Sam was the man. Did you ever see any of the skits he used to put on. They were great! I still live near and work in charlottesville. Tell Sam Richard Covington( ex charlottesville city breaker, ha ha) said hey. Hook me up with his email address if he doesn't mind. I would love to say hey.
my work address is rec4t@virginia.edu, pass it on if ya want
Holla
R

I know where Sam the Beast is.
I work with him in VA. In fact, 3 days a week for the last 2 months - I have been sitting right next to him.

He is not rapping anymore. But If you mention "Whoop Whoop that's the sound of the beast" - or "Knock Knock - Who Dat" - he perks up and smiles.

Cool Brother - very down to earth.

G

Man.. please tell him to make a myspace or something. I never knew what dude even looked like. It's a mystery.

Don't think Sam is the myspace or facebook type...but you can see what he looks like in the gucci dance video...
http://new.music.yahoo.com/videos/sam-the-beast/gucci-dance--2161251;_ylt=Aik7nlwyle2_SC7h9d_dv7IPxCUv

Aww man.. I appreciate that. Made my day. I had been searching everywhere and the only picture that I could find is http://cgi.ebay.com/SAM-Beast-East-...sic_on_Vinyl&hash=item35975e1290#ht_975wt_911 . He looks nothing like that. I never thought he had a video. So what does he do now? You ever heard of Grandmaster Slice? I know that guy... He used to live and still does live in my old hometown.

sam

yeah i remember him well, i used to work security for him, when he was in the lynchburg va area.he once asked me to go on the road with him as his personal security, but i couldnt. wish i had of now though. tell him the crazy white guy from amherst says hey!doubt he remembers me now though

Back