Be Honest

apdagr8

Would you still make music and put it out to people if you knew you could never make a profit from it? I still would what about you?

That's pretty much myself as of always. Very doubtful I'd ever make a penny making music. What drives me though is wanting to make stuff that other people enjoy listening to and bring a little happiness in their life even if for a few minutes. Not to mention the drive to just create for the sake of creating something I like too. I'm sickened by people who self proclaim they are "only in it for the money".

Making music or playing an instrument is just how I like to spend my free time. Some play video games. Some people paint or something like that. I'm not much of a TV guy, so I play.

The fact that there is a market to sell some of this music is a bonus. Especially at my age, I'm past the idea that I'll be the "star". Some home recording and an occasional live gig with my band is enough to keep me at it, happily.

Id like to make it a full-time job, but it's not easy, as we all know.

Last edited:
Honestly, I would quit if no one ever listened to my music.

I make music to impact people, to please them or connect with them, and if none of my music appeal to anyone, I dont see why I should continue.

I really love music, but like many others I make music for people, not only myself.

Well, if making music is what you like to do beside your daily job than you should keep doin it even if you dont make a profit!

Back