Basic Materials For A Home Studio?

Mega Savage

So exactly what would I need to set up a low budget home studio? I know i'd need my computer with fl studio ofcourse, i got that.. i have speakers that bump.. and i'm about to get a microphone soon, but other than that are there any necessary items i need in addition to the ones i just listed? please give me some advice .

If you're just recording all you need is a microphone that comes with software! But for beat production get some monitors and a soundcard

Here's something that might give you an idea or two on acoustic treatment. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02qpJt0hsL0 As far as speakers go, it's not about "Speakers that bump" they have to be able to tell you what's going on in the song and be able to help you get your music to sound the same on a variety of systems. If you can work with the ones you have I say keep up with them. I'd also recommend a low cost pair of studio headphones. I got the SHURE SRH240a's and they're really good and haven't let me down yet. Especially for $60 you can't really beat it. A Midi controller helps quite a bit, for a low cost drum pad type controller the Launchpad seems like a great option, I want one. Novation Launchpad | Sweetwater.com and for Keyboard controllers the M-Audio Oxygen 25 is also one I want, M-Audio Oxygen 25 | Sweetwater.com I have the Akai Professional SynthStation25 but the keys are a little bit too small so I'm looking to upgrade to that. But yea those are my recommendations.

Here's something that might give you an idea or two on acoustic treatment. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02qpJt0hsL0 As far as speakers go, it's not about "Speakers that bump" they have to be able to tell you what's going on in the song and be able to help you get your music to sound the same on a variety of systems. If you can work with the ones you have I say keep up with them. I'd also recommend a low cost pair of studio headphones. I got the SHURE SRH240a's and they're really good and haven't let me down yet. Especially for $60 you can't really beat it. A Midi controller helps quite a bit, for a low cost drum pad type controller the Launchpad seems like a great option, I want one. Novation Launchpad | Sweetwater.com and for Keyboard controllers the M-Audio Oxygen 25 is also one I want, M-Audio Oxygen 25 | Sweetwater.com I have the Akai Professional SynthStation25 but the keys are a little bit too small so I'm looking to upgrade to that. But yea those are my recommendations.

Id agree about flat response for mixing, but is it necessary for producing? Just asking...

It would definitely help if you plan on doing the entire process of making the music yourself. I'm still learning my mixing and mastering for my songs and they're not that great. I'm doing everything by myself because I don't have the resources to hire anyone else.

It would definitely help if you plan on doing the entire process of making the music yourself. I'm still learning my mixing and mastering for my songs and they're not that great. I'm doing everything by myself because I don't have the resources to hire anyone else.

Alright! I'm doing the same thing. Just wondering for the OP...

Back