Audio Interfaces

AfroThunder

Can anybody point me in the direction of some good interfaces. I was looking into the presonus audio box but when i looked up some reviews that people had online it seemed like they had alot of issues going on with them. I want an inteface basically the same as the presonus minus all the problems that come with it. Any suggestions?

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

also what are the major differences between me going for a usb interface or a firewire interface.. which one would work better?

no snark fam but I'd look up some interfaces in the price range your looking for more less, than do the research, research, and research. Once you've nitpicked to the point in which you know which one you want, go over to the retail spot, see if they can bring the price lower (most times they'll work with you even if it's to cover the costs of taxes). Cop, bring home and bang out. Best advice I can give you fam! Keep on keepin on !

i realize what your saying but i was just asking what people have got and how they like it from there ill take a list of what people have told me they liked or use and from there i will do my own research.

Are you looking for a mobile interface or something that you're going to leave in the LAB?

I Personally use the Saffire Pro 40...really good pre's and the Mix Control software gives you extremely versatile routing options.

Another factor would be what kind of computer you're using (Mac or PC). Either way...you can't go wrong with Focusrite Saffire line...

That's good that you have the 64-bit...you'll be able to address more than 4GB of RAM. I personally use Logic in 64-bit mode and love it!!!

Back to the subject matter at hand...for the money, it's hard to beat the Saffire series. They have the best pre's in the "budget" range. STAY AWAY FROM MOTU since you have a PC. Simply not worth the driver problems that it would present. I'm not sure if they've gotten better for PC users, but there are so many other options out there that it's not worth the risk IMO.

Just head to one of the music shops in your area and demo a few of the interfaces...

Back