Audio Interface Fell off Desk

Zee one

My saffire 6 audio interface fell off my desk which is about 2 1/2 to 3ft high. It now cuts off randomly when playing audio and in FL when playing songs I am working on, there is a lot of crackling.

Is there anything I can do to fix it myself? anyone had this happen to them before?

I am asking because I am literally broke right now. I know people are sick of hearing that but thats how it goes, I am doing my best.

If you can figure out which part is broken or malfunctioning, it would be a good start. You can buy 1/4" jacks, wiring, and small parts like that for sale online. Open it up, and see if you notice anything that's obviously broken.

great advice, thank you sir.

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

Ok so I opened it up and I am looking inside and for the most part things look fine, chords are connected nothing is loose.

I did notice, excuse my lack of understand, that some of these little battery looking things inside are crooked...they are all intact and attached to the board some are just bent. Would this be my problem?

Here are some pics

IMG_0958_zpsd986000c.jpg

IMG_0960_zpsa0cf6c45.jpg

Also, kind of hard to see in the following pic, but one of the gizmos with copper wraped around it is also tilted sideways a bit but is still attached to the main board.

IMG_0956_zps9fe6654f.jpg

Last edited:
Those are capacitors its normal for them to be bent, tilted, glued...its not normal for one to look like its leaking acid or something that's a bad sign. Also capacitors can be very dangerous because they hold electrical charges. Those are used to conduct an adequate amount of electricity through electrical paths the board/pad to chips etc. Id recommend taking it to someone who works on electronics. You probably will need a multimeter to test which signal is going through the board properly. Idk why I said all that lol I'm no electrician...just took some classes on it. I think there's nothing broke...but maybe slightly unsoddered causing the current to bleed off track and interfere with something else on the board. That's just a wild guess. Do you notice any white noise at all?

Last edited:
Back