ASR 10 SCSI Confuses me! (noob)

M

mitch0304

whatsup? I'm getting an ASR 10 soon, my first one and it comes with SCSI. I am kind of confused though. I know a very popular option when the SCSI interface is installed is to go with a zip drive. I was looking at this- http://cgi.ebay.com/Iomega-ZIP-250-...QcategoryZ116251QQcmdZViewItem#ht_2269wt_1133

But like i said lol, I am confused. Does this thing hold 250MB of data internally? Or does it allow floppy disks to hold 250MB of data? Really confused here. Thanks for your help.

So you can use ANY floppy disk, and it allows each one to hold 250MB?

No, you use the disks that are made for the that drive. They look like 1.44 mb floppies on steroids.
iomega-zip-disk-for-pc-and-mac-250mb-ref-32643-pack-10.jpg

How many ship with the zip drive? Are they expensive to purchase? Googled it but didn;t find much.

Depends on if the seller is offering them in his listing, if any.

You can usually find them at your local electronic stores, like Fry's if you have those around you.

I would do some research before just purchasing one, as you need to find the zip drive model numbers that work with the asr.

If you are buying a second hand Zip drive make sure it is a SCSI model because they also made a serial model that looks the same.

The SCSI one will have the SCSI logo and two small switches on the back and the useless parallel port one will have a printer logo on the back.

Back