As a producer should I mix and mastering my beats or find an engineer?

StanleySteamer

Hey guys pretty much as the title says. Should I be mixing and mastering my own beats for sale or should I be trying to find an engineer. Check out Rob Dolla$ Beats those are some of my current mixes

Edit: I should also add that I don't consider my self a pro at mixing and mastering. I have self educated myself and tried for a very long time but mixing and mastering is actually the one thing that slows me down as far as production and putting beats up for sale. It's always the beat done in a few hours or so and I spend days trying to figure out stupid stuff with volume levels and reverbs and eq's and what not I just don't consider myself a pro.

Last edited:
If someone's good at mixing and he's/she's doing the beatproducing thing on a semi professional level it's not so much a problem.

If you don't have any fun at all mixing your beats, maybe you've no talent, you want a second pair of ears and a neutral opinion involved or you just want to make the next step it's a good idea to search for someone who's advanced mixing skills.

Last edited:
If you're interested in it then keep doing it until you get good at it. Idk if people think this stuff happens over night or what. Mixing & Mastering takes time to do well. Years.

I'm pretty sure that goes hand and hand with the beatmaking process in and of itself.
That's practically 1/3 of making a beat since that resides in the sound design realm to begin with as well as the sequencing.

Back