Are my lyrics good enough or do I need more work??

thatboyeric

Hello world,

I'm posting this thread to see if my lyrics are good enough to go ahead and put to a beat or do I need more work to them? If so, what do I need to work on? Give examples please.

Lyrics:

Want that juice like Bishop
Hunnid bands blowin, Need a re-up
Put it on the scale, that's a 3 five
Trap been boomin, I'm the Juice God
Never on the phone, know the feds buggin
Catch me in the trap, With the goons thuggin
Put it on the scale, that's a rari
Trap been boomin, I'm the Juice God

Your lyrics are fine but what are you rapping about? Just seems to be a bunch of punchlines...

To be honest I was just rapping to be rapping with no subject behind it. I guess really that's the only thing I need to work on. Just have a hard time finding subjects to rap on or stick to for that matter.

You don't have to have a subject behind your raps, it depends on what type of song you are making. These lines do however need a point to them, even if the point is simple. Are you writing the punchline to insult someone, make a joke, brag etc?

I don't see how this would flow on a beat and would be interested to hear it.

Is this a verse or chorus or what?

You don't have to have a subject behind your raps, it depends on what type of song you are making. These lines do however need a point to them, even if the point is simple. Are you writing the punchline to insult someone, make a joke, brag etc?

I don't see how this would flow on a beat and would be interested to hear it.

Is this a verse or chorus or what?

Thanks for the advice and it's a chorus I just write what i feel but I'm going to have to start putting meaning behind it or it'll just be pointless punchlines.

No one can truly say whether your lyrics are good while they're still on the page like this, because part of (I would say the most essential part of) what makes lyrics good is that... basically, you need to have stressed syllables occur on-the-beats and unstressed syllables occur off-the-beats... so basically, whether your lyrics are good depends on how well your lyrics and your music sync up. Here's a page that goes over this in much more detail:
[edit: Argh! The stupid thing won't let me post a link. Google "Pat Pattison's Lyric Page" until you find the page on his website titled "Pat Pattison's Lyric Page" and hope you find the right page - the one I would have directed you to if not for this stupid no links rule.]

(Also, it seems to me like a message that resonates well with the audience is essential to a rap song being successful, regardless of whether it's a broad/general message like in Eminem's "Lose Yourself" or the social commentary messages of early rappers.)

They're nice, I could bop to this.
I honestly thought you were rapping about just a regular drug dealing day.

you listen to a lot of drake dont u. see references to hunnid bands, juice God, being on the phone.

You should really suggest in a dictionary or thesaurus.. All that is irrelevant towards gaining true fans and building a solid fan base. Your lyrics must grasp peoples attention span and it won't be from the same old methods artists used to get in the door. You need more structure and creative content.

Back