anyone used a mv and an mpc?

Had an mpc 1000 and used several others like the 4000, and 5000. I now use an mv-8000 and I wouldn't turn back. To me, once you understand the workflow of the mv, it's just faster when it comes to sampling, editing, and manipulating sounds. Since jjos came out, it brought the feature set of the mpc 1000 and 2500 to another level. It's going to be a personal preference in the long run.

If you're software based, and track out to a daw to mixdown, I'd go with an mp, but if you're not computer based, that's when the feature set of the mv starts to make sense.

The mpc is a great midi sequencer, sampler, and you could do fairly complex synthesis on it as well, especially the 4000. The mv is a great audio and midi sequencer, sampler, synthesizer, harddisk recorder, has great effects algorithms, and you could mixdown, master, and burn a cd all in the machine. The mv is a portable studio, and it might be overkill to those who already use daws.

The only mpc that's comparable to an mv is the 5000, next is the 4000, other than that, no other mpc comes to par, but you could get close with a jjos 1000, or 2500.

Both great tools.

Back