Anyone heard the new MGK album?

City Beats

Twizted Muzic
It's really dope... I've been a hardcore fan of MGK since he first came out so it's good to see he's still stayed true to who he is ... anyone heard it though?

Yea I heard some of it, he definitely stayed true and I'm glad to hear some of the tracks such as d3mons with dmx. He didn't conform 100% to most of the bullshit that's out there right now. I also like the fact that he put Lil' Jon and Twista on there.

i dont get how people say he stayed true. the label force fed him a bunch of beats with pre recorded hooks to write around for 90% of the album lol

i dont get how people say he stayed true. the label force fed him a bunch of beats with pre recorded hooks to write around for 90% of the album lol

If you listen to his older mixtapes, and then compare them to the album, they're basically the same thing

I bought the album off itunes day it popped up there. I don't get guys whining about "real hip hop" or vouching for a Slaughterhouse/DMX 2012 album don't have albums like this one and Joey bada$$ in thier collection.

He even kept it real with the singles. "Wild Boy" was as commercial as he got, and "on my way" reminds me that I was doing this before I ever thought I could make a dollar from it. I feel like MGK did the same. That means something in this day and age.

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

Oh yeah, that "Invincible" single deserves a Grammy....back when that meant something.....And the song with DMX is the best shyt DMX has done all year/comeback IMO. I'm a real hip hop head. DMX sounding like 98 again impresses me more than a grammy.

#Bitterswag

Last edited:
I don't like the album, it's too depressing. The best song is Lace Up imo and that's only because of the producer. You can't mess with Drumma Boy. But I'm sure there are a lot of depressing teens that are going crazy for that MGK.

Haven't got the album yet but am gonna cop it this week. Really dug the mixtapes. There's just something really fresh about his production and delivery.

I don't like the album, it's too depressing. The best song is Lace Up imo and that's only because of the producer. You can't mess with Drumma Boy. But I'm sure there are a lot of depressing teens that are going crazy for that MGK.

To be real... I know everyone has their own opinions.. but how did you find it depressing? The entire album he's basically talking about how he came from nothing into something. It shouldn't be depressing... it should be inspiring.

To be real... I know everyone has their own opinions.. but how did you find it depressing? The entire album he's basically talking about how he came from nothing into something. It shouldn't be depressing... it should be inspiring.

I found it to be inspiring as well and I loved the video for See My Tears. I prefer rappers like MGK who don't talk about drugs in every single song they have.

took a me a while to come around but his sincerity is refreshing.

Back