Anyone else sick of... [Rant]

the only thing i hate is that im not in the game....i wish i wasent so lazy, i wish i wrote rhymes, tried at it but it seems like the rewards these days for being a succsessful rapper are lower than ever..you HAVE to tour to make money, it just looks too hard....id rather have a regular life....

The only thing I'm sick of is the lack of originality.

When I was coming up, if you sounded like someone else, you were shunned. You HAD to have your own style, your own flow, your own dress, your own sound.

Now, biting has become a sport.

Agree 100%

Art has always been about originality, and still is in other genres, but when it comes to hiphop/rap, being different than the trend is frowned upon, and in my eyes that leads to stagnation.

It used to be the other way a round but some how it changed, almost as it was forced to change. I don't know if it is the artists, corporation or consumers fault, or maybe it just changed by itself.

Last edited:
Hip hop is not stagnant imo, I think the stagnant stuff comes from radio. Same thing on rotation 24/7.
I remember the radio used to play a dam song called showstopper or something ALL THE GOD DAM TIME.

Dear lord man lol.

I'm not a big fan of today's artists. I'm more into supporting my favorite independent artists. I did see a recent interview where Migos said they are a combination of Outkast and the Beatles(lol) and insisted they are the Beatles of their generation. That speaks volume for the state of music today.

Last edited:
Back