Anybody???

R

Required Audio

Who here actually builds riddims? I would love to hear what you cats are coming up with? also it doesn't really matter but i'm just curious as to how many of the people that do build riddims are from the west indies.

I'm afraid we have far too few members from the West Indies on this here forum.

I make riddims and I am from Jamaica, now living in Connecticut USA. I make a lot of riddims over the years, but I haven't actualy sold any or recorded professionally. I need to start focusing more on this. I have to say that I am very happy to see this forum finally up, so we share ideas and clear up some of the mis-information out there about Reggae Dancehall music.

BOOMSHAK said:
I make riddims and I am from Jamaica, now living in Connecticut USA. I make a lot of riddims over the years, but I haven't actualy sold any or recorded professionally. I need to start focusing more on this. I have to say that I am very happy to see this forum finally up, so we share ideas and clear up some of the mis-information out there about Reggae Dancehall music.

^lol im of jamaican decent.. and i was born in hartford..^

but yeah.. i know how to sequence drums to make them sound like dancehall/reggae.. i currently don't have my programs.. but when i do get them back, i'd be happy to post something.. i produce mainly hip hop though..

Peops there ' seems to be many programmers, but i'd like to listen to producers riddims to share tips .

-- Shizzle My Nizzle ! When U See A Friend U Greet Him And Says Shizzle My Nizzle --

Last edited:
i do mostly hip-hop.. and even that not synth stuff.. mostly sampled..im really into dancehall so..
heres a first stab.. remeber first try..
i never did this b4... so please be nice. :)
i did this on the fruity demo..
listen on hi-fi, otherwise its bad..
didnt do much mixing.. and thers no eq yet... :rolleyes:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/1/daanimusic.htm

anyways..
whats the fundamental arrangement supposed to be for a riddim
did it like this

8 intro - 16 verse - 8 chorus - 16 verse - 8 chrous - 16 verse - 8 chorus - 4 chorus (that'd fade)

as u can see my drums aint gr8 niether... but i love this stuff please guide me

I loved that reggae beat the way it was just give the drums a little more "thump"! It had me dancing in my seat at work lol

I've got so many ideas in my head to make riddims or rave/breakbeat music someday just that I don't know where to start or what equipment to use....I also need $$$ I think i can make some hot ****....for now ill stick to making riddims by mouth and recording it on tape recorder..lol

Back