Anybody here using Reaper?

D-MarZ

I just switched from an MPC to Reaper and I love it. This program is so easy to use and it just gets the job done for me. I just got a brand new desktop so my computer can finally handle making beats. I switched from an MPC 3000 and it sucks because nothing will ever touch the 3000 sound wise. But I just felt so limited with the 3000 and I get so much more freedom using software. The thing I like most about using software is being able to freely move around the midi notes on the piano roll. It really makes my groove so much tighter. Just wanted to know how many other people on here are using Reaper?

Last edited:
I just switched from an MPC to Reaper and I love it. This program is so easy to use and it just gets the job done for me. I just got a brand new desktop so my computer can finally handle making beats. I switched from an MPC 3000 and it sucks because nothing will ever touch the 3000 sound wise. But I just felt so limited with the 3000 and I get so much more freedom using software. The thing I like most about using software is being able to freely move around the midi notes on the piano roll. It really makes my groove so much tighter. Just wanted to know how many other people on here are using Reaper?

Lol. I read your post on another forum which will remain nameless. Whatever works for you. I quite frankly cant use an mpc to save my life because it seems like im regressing everytime I try. I find/ know that I can do everything 10x faster in FL Studio. I tried reaper, but its just like pro tools. No one really uses it as a standalone, its more of a make the beat elsewhere and bring it in for mixing type software. Holla.

I have never tried reaper. It looks similar to pro tools in the lay out. My question to you is have you tried fl studio before? it is so user friendly to compose a beat. For all the people that say Fl studio sounds like garbage you have to remember garbage in garbage out. If you have great clean sounds and good plug ins you can make stuff just as good.

people have been telling me to get Reaper for a couple years now.. they're all like, make beats in FL Studio, but track em out to Reaper to mix em.......Needless to say I still mix my beats in FL Studio, but I recently started using Reaper to mix songs with vocals..and i love it....Its easy to use.. There are a couple things I still need to figure out, mainly in the routing department, since routing is 100 times easier in FL Studio lol....but its still working out nicely....The piano roll, however, in Reaper is pretty bad...It could use some improvements... But that could just be the FL Studio talking..cuz I've yet messed with a DAW who's piano roll can compare (in my opinion)....over all though, great program....

Keep in mind I'm still using the Evaluation version of Reaper...so I dont know if you buy it, it comes with more stuff? I would like to make beats in Reaper sometimes, but the stock synthesizer that comes with Reaper SUCKS! I know I can use VST plugins, but the idea of making beats with Reaper is to get away from that..If I'm guna use VST's, then I'm just going to continue using FL Studio for beats...Its still a good program though...and for anyone that records, or mixes/engineers......I do suggest checking out Reaper..Its stock plugins (compressors, EQ, Reverb, Delay) are all decent as well.

I use reaper to mix, but never tried making a beat in it.

Its an amazing daw with a lot of great plug ins. Very powerful and easy to use.

i first started using reaper to record vocals but now ive started making songs in it too. pretty cool once you get the hang of the basic stuff

i use reaper to do mixes. i made a couple beats in it. or sometimes i just rewire FL or Reason in it.

Ya i gotta rewire when i use it. Usually just reason. Ive been too stubborn to actually make templates and shit in it - which is why i never opted for it cuz the setup time sucked. But it can do everything you need in such a tiny footprint. I imagine if I had alot of out board gear I wouldnt use anything else.

Back