Any mixing/mastering plugins to recommend?

Mauri358

Hi again, i would like you to recommend me some useful mixing/mastering plugins, aside from the Fl ones. I would like to create some cool effects.
Thanks in advance ;)

What kind of effects? I feel like the native FL plugins are capable of making most effects done while mixing.

For distortion, I like to use FuzzPlus 3. It's free. I tend to use it to distort kicks and basses and using it's high cut filter to get rid of the really high frequencies. I also use Alloy 2 for mixing in general. It comes with a lot of presets that are great starting points for achieving a variety of sounds. It's $200, but worth the investment in my opinion.

A few other plugins that I use are those within the Waves silver bundle, Nectar Elements, Replika (delay by Native Instruments), Little Alterboy and Guitar Rig.

camel crusher is awesome, i use it on every project. a bitcrusher is also a really simple but effective tool. as Adrian-marQ said, you have everything you need to mix already since fl stock plugins are very capable. in general dont buy in to advertisements, plugins do NOT make mixes better, practise does.
happy mixing!

If you just want to find different cool freeware plugins, I sure know some :)
- Check out dBlue, they have some free plugins that work really well with FL, inclduing a bitcrusher, tapestop, and the first version of dBlue Glitch (which got free I think after they released the 2nd version)
- Check out Melda Productions - now, they're plugins cost, but they have a free trial bundle, and in this free trial bundle you can pretty much do everything you need, the only things not included are things you pretty much would never use anyway. No time limits, and no silence every 30 seconds or so.
- Voxengo have some nice freeware plugins, including a spectrum analyzer, and a very clean sounding reverb.
- Variety Of Sound, they have some very nice saturation and stereo imaging plugins

ohh yeah I forgot to mention one more thing. If you don't have Splice, then sign up! Splice gives away free plug-ins every 2-3 weeks or so. Plug-ins that normally would cost money! :D

Thank you so much for the replies! I will check out soon all the plugins you named. I have used dblue Glitch and tapestop, and that kind of plugins are the ones thtat really catch my attention, so if you know about some more, please let me know. :victory::)

Last edited:
hello, well to begin with if you're looking for effects plugins guys have mentioned a lot of good free/cheap stuff up there which I use honestly, I would add two things they cost money but it is really worth it imho
- For a cutt-off filter I recommend Sugar-bytes WOW2, awesome interface high quality.
- For a Reverb Lexicon bundle (there is also a decent free plugin bundle called karmafx)
afterwards for mastering get your hands on Izotope Ozone that thing is magic
and if you're looking for the best of the best on mastering I recomand you waves mercury bundle cost too damn much but worth it
a cheaper thing you may wanna try is Fabfilter plugins also do the job just great !

Back