Any Curren$y fans here?

Pumpthrust

Y'all lookin forward to that Drive In Theatre mixtape?

This the thing that infuriates me about Spitta--the quality of his releases are so good (usually), that I be willing to cop for real, but dude steadily givin that heat away. It was cool, but at least your real fans a chance to $upport that Jet Life music. I was kinda mad when dude put out Covert Coup for free...thats the first time a nigga was kinda upset about some free music, lol. Then again, with the kind of production he uses, maybe its better not to sell it retail.

Never listened to him but been meaning to cause he raps on some smooth beats if I'm not mistaken.

Well when u do make sure u listen from old to new...

N yea i copped it yesterday as soon as it dropped i mean 3,2,1 refresh page download..lls
But i think he does it b/c he's n his own lane...
I think sales comes second to what he's about...
He knows where his fan base is.. he knows we be waitin on them mixtapes...
- i think he more concerned with keep'n us in the loop n touring honestly
I mean if he only dropped 1 tape n then an album... niggas would go mad
He drops like 2-3 a year n ep's in between...
So he gives us what we use to gettin

Covert was crazy n definitely worth money...
-life instruction
-ventilation
-the type wit prodigy.. was my fav 3...

Curren$y is really underrated.. i use to hate his shit cause he was off beat and was talking stupid.. as I got older... It grew on me.. it's so much swag in his raps.. he's a genius

Been a fan ever since he was with No Limit. I preferred him then, but dude is talented and knows what he's doing...

I for one am not a fan of the mixtapes though, as a concept...i want hard copies and retail releases. I pay for that good music.
Though Spitta is still the shit, he's gone a little bit more quantity over quality and his flow has become too laid back at times (just like Fiend changed his style), but it's all good!

I´m beginning to get into his music, but I got a question... how the **** does the dude make any money? Does he do that well off merch and live shows alone?

Invest his money in the streets.. And to somebody else that posted here curren$y does talk about trapping in his lyrics they are just too "boring" for you to figure out. Really you should actually listen to his raps. I agree covert coupe is godly ive been listening to it for nonstop for 3 years. I remember when he leaked ventilation a few weeks before the drop, i was like.. Is he just talking real shit? Ever since covert coupe dropped been my fav rapper and he is honestly the best rapper right now when it comes to quality and consistency. You wont find rappers like him anymore he isnt pressed to switch his raps or flows up because hes independent. Also i can see why he sells his music for free. 90% are samples. Covert coupe/ verde, pilot talk 2(famous :-) ) stoned immaculate, 3 piece set, new jet city, how fly, priest andretti, even his old shit pre 2009 all samples. Im on top of the money, like a dopeboy matress haha that might not be a sampled song beat was hard as ****

Yea he knows that niggas love the tapes...
so he tours off of mixtape songs...
He's wit damon dash now...
They sell jet life shirts, hats , hoodies

Currency's project are Always luke warm i believe, I think me and currency wud b good friends in real life but as far as music he does leav me unsatisfied after listening to his songs. On de new mixtape is de same ol shit.
If I was him I wud try a new lane of music. Caus de flow gets boring although he does hav som clever rhyms skemes in between. But real talk if I was a rapper and I was getting paid 2 do dis, I would put alot more effort in delivering 2 my audience.

But i guess 2 each his own I wud defeinitly bump it, but de real currency fans i sure they luv it, and it sound like he made dis new mixtape 4 dem.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Last edited:
Currensy IMO is one of the biggest underrated artist out, his whole vibe is super cool and chill, like a young Snoop and his beat selection is amazing
Anybody saying his raps are boring are crazy, he raps slow yes, but that's because it goes with his vibe and style which is stoner music, his content and word play are mad clever, he talks the truth and things he actually does and most importantly, his flow is one of a king.

Plus as an independent artist you have to respect his grind

Back