Another Track from Foundation Music Group's 1st Pack - That Feeling

F

FoundationMG

This an old soul soundin beat, some UGK ish. Being from Texas we love this sound. The drums/percussion are going to be redone to match the beat a little better, but would def like some feedback.

Last edited by a moderator:
i loveeeeeeeeee texas ugk smooth shit!! man id love working with producer liek u thts wa up!! i love real sounding music an guitar driven!

No doubt bro, I love it too.. always trying to make a variety of music. I'm down to collab or cross promote fo sho. Hit me up on twitter @foundationMG with your info and I'll follow back!

Melody is on point.. Bells are sweet..Love that bass work.. Drums need a little more knock.. I would go as far as saying this would sound a little better if speed up maybe 5-10 BPM.. Good shit nonetheless.

Thanks for the feedback J.Cee. Yeah I felt a BPM increase myself.. Good point on the Kicks needing more knock, we're going to redo the entire drum pattern, I'll repost later down the line. Again, good lookin bro.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is some g shit. I like this a lot. Is that first bass note right? It sounds like it's clashing or something but my speakers are cheap. That first note is nowhere near as clear as the 2nd and 3rd note. I loved the percussion especially the toms and that guitar was sick. Keep it up.

Thanks for your feedback on my track.

Guitar and piano layering on that introduce is real nice. Got a very smooth soulful vibe to it. Keys make the beat along with your littler layers.
I honestly do not like the drums mainly the bass/kick/ combo mostly for the fact that its very muddy. Its clashing big time which is hurting your highs and mids as well.
Overall the beat is smooth not sure if I see UGK or bunb or someone from the area per say but once you get that bass and kick working right this will be a hard beat for just about any artist trying to do a more slow jam type production. I other thing to add, I think playing around with your chime/hat and maybe adding a bit of velocity adjustments to it and potentially some other open hats/crashes to vary it up, will bring this beat to life.
Keep it up and sorry for the delay on feedback.

KFX

Back