Another Equipment selection thread.

Os78

Hi all, I have posted a few times recently as I am building a home studio.

I thought I'd made my mind up on what equipment I'd be using but I keep reading different reviews etc and interested in New equipment I keep reading, below are the ones I have seriously considered recently, could anyone Give there opinion on what setup they would recommend from them:

Akai mpk49
NI maschine mk2
NI maschine mikro mk2
korg volca bass
korg volca beats

I make house/Detroit techno and used to have a quasimidi 309 back in the mid 90's but just been messing about on FL studio since then. I understand that FL studio isn't great at syncing hardware, especially the volcas so am considering looking at albeton or cubase, I saw a picture of a set up which is using the n.I software with the maschine mikro, looks pretty simple is this a daw? If so how does it stand up to the others?

space isn't an issue as my room is big enough and I have a 2.5m desk to be built in there.

I was looking at the mikro mk2 as the only thing putting me off were lack of knobs to control vsts but if I teamed up with the akai mpk49 I could do so through this right?

I guess my main question is do I really need the volcas if I get a maschine? And also is it worth getting a maschine over a maschine mikro if I have a midi keyboard with knobs and faders? (this is assuming you can use the knobs on the maschine to control vsts, which I am unsure of!)

not sure if it will help but I'll be using a set of Yamaha hs5's and a NI AUDIO 6 audio interface.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Back