Am I to harsh on myself?

Picassoo

Right now i make beats through a old computer that crashes and freezes most of the time when i use fl studio, and i dont have a midi keyboard. Ive been producing for a year and am at a point where every beat needs to sound hot or i wont end up finishing them and i delete them. When i do take a week break, i end up making the hottest beat again. How can i get better by doing this consistently and not hitting on a producer block by overthinking so much? Im trying to get better a producer by finishing beats after beats back to back everyday without taking breaks.

Link: https://soundcloud.com/paysobeats

Last edited:
People who make tons of beats back to back do it for fun.
For the computer thing, you could just buy a 300 dollar average desktop, laptops...well laptops are laptops.

2ghz dualcore minimum.
4gbram minimum

People who make tons of beats back to back do it for fun.
For the computer thing, you could just buy a 300 dollar average desktop, laptops...well laptops are laptops.

2ghz dualcore minimum.
4gbram minimum

Rams so cheap for PCS you might as well get 8gb Min. 4gb might work for FL studio right now(i have no idea I don't use it), but every things gonna be 64bit eventually if it isn't already. If you ever decided to run Pro Tools 11 or different daw for whatever reason 4gb isn't gonna get you very far. Don't wanna have to upgrade again later.
Laptop will work fine as long as the specs meet up. Ive only ever used laptops and I don't have a problem. But I also have 16gb Ram and a 2.3ghz i7. Its the specs not the machine.

Last edited:
studio one and reason do fine on 4gb, some of the heaviest vsts do fine on 4gb.I actually switched from fl studio a while ago :/

ive been at it almost 10 years nothing comes easy , i started off just like u , i had a windows xp pc i got for 250 and 40 gb of ram and started from there , moved to a laptop my laptop gave out bout 5 years inn an i recently got a desktop and ima tell u something iff u want it, its not going too be easy ' everything comes with a price iff it isnt your time, it will be your money ,i suggest iff u really love what you do cut off all those who dont believe inn you , and focuse on what you want too come about , trust me iff u really want something youll have too block everything out and go for it ' and practice alot whenever you get a chance even iff u dont feel it your bound to learn more everyday ,and practice constructing somewhats of a song to keep you builden beats without geting stuck on 1 beat for long period of time 'peace and godbless

studio one and reason do fine on 4gb, some of the heaviest vsts do fine on 4gb.I actually switched from fl studio a while ago :/
I crash 4gb computers at school all the time. If he is even half serious about this and only gets 4gb, I promise he will be upgrading again later on. It doesnt cost a lot extra for 8.. Just get 8 and save yourself the headache of upgrading again.

You WILL crash 4gb eventually, unless you have weak sessions. 4gb will 'work' but it will be annoying.

I understand the heavy VSTs are fine with 4, but what about when you have one on each channel? Id never be able to use EvenTides Ultra Channel how I do now if I only had 4gb. Probably wouldnt even be able to run it how I do now with 8.

Last edited:
It could be that your sessions are stronger than mine, i usually use 2 omnisphere tracks (once i learn how to build a synth in reaktor omni's gone)slicex with kong when i create drumkits if i cant find a samplepack imfeelin at the moment.In studio one or reason i use midi channels so one plugin is using 8 different sounds for each track depending on if im remaking a video game song.I have to make do with what i got, unfortunately i have a desktop with laptop internals and a touchscreen with a tb harddrive in it.
Im not gettin another until i have enough to build a computer that lets me do the most retarded weird stuff i like, spaceships huge noise scapes etc :/

I have the same problem. You gotta teach yourself discipline. The way am guessing your mind works is you make hot beats when you feel like it, so one minute you can be blocked then outta nowhere you just become a beast. Cause thats me lol. I guess it's just cause I always work better when inspired. But if you wanna take this seriously then you gotta work through the blocks. And also while working through the blocks to discipline yourself, dont get lazy and sloppy. Be a perfectionist and put your all in it even when you dont feel like it. When you're done you can always come back to look it over when your inner beast comes out.
At 1st youll struggle but dont give up, it'll become 2nd nature in time

you want to take producing seriously? you should invesst in yourself.. look at the equipment your using bro.. you gotta upgrade

Back