Always getting stuck on what to do after an intro

Zeddex

Hello. I've recently redownloaded FL studio 20, I've made a few melodies but I always get stuck after that.. I don't know how to progress from there.. do I use the same melody? Make a different one?

I've tried looking online for help but come up with nothing.

Can you explain how beats progress from the intro please? If possible, give me an example so I can get the just of it. It's really winding me up..

Thanks in advance

For me (and this is only my educated opinion), It's best to try to create the "heart" of your track in your 8 bar loop first. When you have enough in that loop to keep yourself interested for a few minutes, stretch it out for 3-5 minutes, strip down the beginning 8-16 bars for your intro, do relatively the same for the last 8-16 bars. Then you've got the "meat" in the middle. break that into 3 sections by putting s couple breakdown spots in there & each section should start to "speak" to you on what each section needs.
This is a VERY simplified version of song construction, but it should get you started.
If you don't know how to arrange a song, just find a track you like & put your breaks in the same sections as the reference track. That should get you started. You can always change the arrangement later, but now you'll have a structure to build from.

Back