All Music starting to sound the same

Gotta keep an ear to the underground if you want to hear more diverse hip hop. Mass media has made 'success' for an average artist possible - which is good in some ways, but indirectly requires a mainstream market with cut-and-paste "talent" ready to be sold to the public via TV, internet and radio. Support artists who you think deserve actual credit - buy their albums, peep their mixtapes, and go to their shows if you can. I think the reason most things sound the same is because we as consumers don't bother standing up to demand diversity. Even us producers are somewhat guilty because some of us make beats that sound like mainstream radio beats knowing that they're more likely to sell, and the rappers who buy the beats might slap some mainstream radio lyrics on them - thus perpetuating the sameness.

radios never going to give u a good representation of whats out there.. radio is pretty much a representation of which aritst has the most backing.. u definitely have to be proactive and find what you like and support it...

check that out when u get a chance, thanks
Prenze - in the air..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3on76tLWIc

I mean if the music was good i wouldn't mind it sounding the same but......HEY!

don't mind that souless half hearted pointless quip.

Last edited:
Back