Alicia Keys ft. Nicki Minaj - "Girl On Fire" (Inferno Version)

Nothing extraordinary about this song. Nicki Minaj talking about random nonsense like Lil'Wayne. Alicia Keys hasn't progressed over the years. Maybe it's the "Swizz Beatz effect." This sounds like a track that could have been released 5 years ago. Maybe, pop music isn't progressing.

I think Alicia may have peaked with that As I Am album.

It really, really hurts my heart to say that.

I think Alicia may have peaked with that As I Am album.

It really, really hurts my heart to say that.

Troup, I ALMOST always agree with your post and the insight you provide. This is EXACTLY what I was saying. She is not progressing. Where is the artist development?

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

Is she just uninspired? All her songs sound the same now.

Troup, I ALMOST always agree with your post and the insight you provide. This is EXACTLY what I was saying. She is not progressing. Where is the artist development?

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

Is she just uninspired? All her songs sound the same now.

That hunger is gone. I'm not sure how closely her and Kerry Brothers are working, now that she's married to Swizz. So that may be the issue. Cuz he was the reason for her "edgy" sound.

That hunger is gone. I'm not sure how closely her and Kerry Brothers are working, now that she's married to Swizz. So that may be the issue. Cuz he was the reason for her "edgy" sound.

Exactly. Once again I couldn't agree with you more. Kerry had a more soulful, organic style. Swizz has a more soul less, GMO style. No originality.

This, her body and that she was backed by Clive Davis.
The legendary Clive Davis! But seriously, I thought somebody who was classically trained would have grown more as a producer/songwriter. It seems like her biggest hits came from other people. How long has she been in the game? Its just a single, so I'll wait to the album to get the whole picture.

Clive Davis and Oprah set her up for an amazing career. Had she never been on Oprah the day that her first album dropped, she wouldn't have had such a huge impact.

Oprah co-signed her, so the world was hers.

I always thought she was a fairly average singer.

Clive Davis and Oprah set her up for an amazing career. Had she never been on Oprah the day that her first album dropped, she wouldn't have had such a huge impact.

Oprah co-signed her, so the world was hers.

I always thought she was a fairly average singer.

Once again, TRUTH!

Back