Advice Needed

S

SiiLent_Mind

Ok so I'm looking for new techniques for choruses and one idea I had was that old school scratching technique for a single word or phrase. However I don't know what type of items I would need since I'm only an Artist/Engineer and not a DJ. Obviously would probably need a Turntable of some sort but what kind? Or a program perhaps? I also want to use it for sampling and things like that. Any advice on how to go about this or what to get would be appreciated.

There are so many different answers to this question...A good place to start would be...what are you working with now as far as your setup?

Well I'm using Pro-Tools M-Powered 8 and Reason and they are on an iMac
But I also have Fl Studio 9 XL on a seperate Laptop (Didn't want to boot camp the mac)

OK, my suggestion is...(and this is the "working on a budget" answer...)

for Reason get yourself either a usb turntable or cd deck, that way you can scratch your chorus and import it into your beat fairly easy. Getting samples won't be a problem either.

for FL, find a decent priced scratch controller and link it with FL Scratcher, load your sample and go to work. This route, you'll need digital samples...

Back